Oct 5, 2018, 12:23 PM
This is a pleasant loop walk in the Korung National Park which may be completed in two separate sections.
Map URL :
KML URL :
Time to Complete:
NOTE: All are approximate and will vary depending on individual fitness and ability levels
The corner of Anembo and Morton Roads, Pickering Brook.
Trail markers are red
Start point: The corner of Anembo Road and Morton Road. There is a large gravel rock on the south side of Morton road with an oblong Kalamunda walk trail sign indicating the start point of the walk.
1. Ignore a track to the left.
2. At the crossroads, proceed straight through to a smaller walk trail following the red signs.
3. At the crossroads, continue straight through on the walking track.
4. At the crossroads, on a well formed old gravel road, walk straight through as indicated by the red walk signs.
5. At the T junction, take the left branch.
6. Take the left turn here.
7. At the T junction, take the left fork.
8. Cross a disused gravel road and continue straight on.
9. Reach an orchard on Francais Road. You can turn left here and complete the walk to the start point 750 metres away, or turn right to continue the walk.
10. Turn left off Francais Road just past the orchard, on to a marked track.
11. Take the left fork.
12. At the T Junction, turn right at the fence of an orchard. The track here follows part of the Kattamorda Trail.
13. Continue down Weston Road, taking the left loop.
14. Turn right off the sealed Weston Road opposite a grey shed and walk uphill with the fence on your left.
15. Reach Francais Road, turn right and walk down to the orchard sheds. You are now at point 9. Continue on the gravel road.
16. At the end of the gravel road, continue through the rock barricade.
17. Ignore a track that branches off to the right and continue on the left.
18. Deviate right from the partly formed road and follow the signs.
19. Return to the start point.