A fairly strenuous loop walk with some moderate climbs. The walk can be shortened by omitting the climb up to the communications tower at the end of Ashurst Road; instead, walk down the creek to the start point.
This walk will take your through the newly developed picnic area at Lesmurdie Falls.
Trail markers for this walk are beige
Start point: The car park at the eastern end of Palm Terrace, Forrestfield.
1. Leave the car park from the southwest corner and walk between four large gravel boulders, on the track indicated by the Shire of Kalamunda walk sign.
2. Take the left fork; a Shire of Kalamunda walk sign is straight ahead.
3. Turn left at the T junction and follow the power line.
4. At the intersection of two power lines, turn left and head up hill.
5. Take the left fork at this T junction.
6. Ignore a track coming in from the right and continue up hill.
7. Ignore a track from the left and continue up towards the fence.
8. At a white gate at the end of a private road, follow the walk trail sign along a narrow track just below some granite rocks.
9. Rejoin the sealed road here.
10. Leave the road at the car park and walk down the ramp to the left of the car park.
11. Walk past the picnic tables and turn right off the concrete path. Walk up the creek on a rough track, crossing several slabs of exposed granite.
12. At a wooden Nature Trail sign turn left and cross the creek and walk up hill.
13. At a T junction, take the right fork and continue up hill towards the communication tower.
14. Reach the top of the climb and a T junction. Take the left branch and start down hill.
15. Ignore a track from the left.
16. At the T junction, turn left. The red markers indicate this is a section of the Lewis Road walk.
17. A T junction. Take the left branch and continue the descent as indicated by the trail markers.
18. A T junction, Palm Terrace. Turn left and walk back to the car park to complete the walk.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback along this walk trail and in the surrounding area: